Monday, August 1, 2011

If I were a student.....(college style, dorm room decor, student loans...)





I got "pinteresting" (is that a new term?)...if not...it is now!( It's the next "googling", I tell you!) and I felt all nostalgic and almost...ALMOST....wanted to be a student all over again.

I would be WAY cooler now. Honestly. 


I'd look super cute like this....mis-matched plaid patterns and all....





Or this cute little menswear inspired look...pretty sure I could never pull it off, but I'd likely die trying :)



And don't even get me started on Gossip Girl, and the never ending plethora of fabulous outfit inspiration. I always wanted to wear a school uniform. 

But alas, it never happened. 

I'm sure I would have been laughed to scorn had I shown up at my public school in a little pleated skirt and knee-high socks.

 I settled for playing field hockey instead ;) Truth be told, I only signed up because of the cute skirt. Ironically, I ended up loving the sport! who knew!

Seriously, though....don't you just love thick grey tights? (why am I fantasizing about fall clothes....I feel like we've hardly had a summer here yet!!)




I'd definitely need a bag like this....it just screams "prep school" :) I'd probably need to take out a loan to pay for it....but whatever......so worth every penny!



Then I got on to thinking about dorm rooms....sigh.....

I'm pretty sure mine would have a tutu lamp just like this....





And a vintage globe or two. Oh...and chalkboards...lots of those.




What is it with me and little vintage school chairs? I have several scattered around our house, and even though my husband has put the kibosh on me bringing any more in, I just can't stop myself!

loving the zinc-topped table too!








I would obviously be riding around campus on this bike.

So old-school cool :)





And now, as always, I want to plan a "back to school" party!! It's just too bad I'll have to at least wait until next year when my little Toby boy is going off to kindergarten! snif.

I will NOT deal well. I can tell you right now. 

I'll need the party to cheer me up....and what better inspiration than this one...




Look at this little man....nope...not mine, but just so darn cute I couldn't resist including him :)
Again...love the vintage school desk and chairs!





Now...on to the the boring stuff.......

The reality of being a student is that it's so darn expensive! I was so lucky to not have to deal with student loans, but I know that's a minority out there. It's not fun to have to worry about how to get bad credit student loans, or even student loans without cosigner. As if college isn't stressful enough. 


Well....now that I'm done reminiscing....back to real life ;)

Hope you're all having a great summer evening!


xoxo




Image Credits: 1. Weardrobe  2. The Sartorialist  3. Gossip Girl  4. Henri Bendel  5. Apartment Therapy  6. Thriftstore-Etsy   7. Design Sponge   8. Urban Outfitters  9. Velorbis   10. Amy Atlas   11. Exquisite Banana

9 comments:

  1. Great post...good to know all that info about education loans!.....also cute outfits and school room pics!...but we here in the valley are still in summer...trying...mode!
    p.s. hope you can make it out on the 20th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love little people chairs as well. I have an antique table and chair from China over 100 years old.
    Now I don't know how the person sold it to me knows that it is from China but it is old and I love. it. I wanted to buy just the chair but it came as a set.
    Love that little boy as well.
    College is expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun post! Thankfully we're nearing the end of student life so there's NO WAY we're going back there any time soon. Your round up of outfits was super cute though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just stumbled across your lovely blog and I look forward to popping by again for some more inspiration! I've just put the finished touches on my new blog ‘Coastal Style’ It will have lots of inspiration on beach houses, resortwear, summer food, travel and anything chic and ‘beachy’. I had a lot of fun putting it together so maybe you would like to check it out if you have a spare minute.
    http://coastal-style.blogspot.com/
    x
    Melissah

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've found some lovely images, Tracey... so sweet in fact that I find myself ALMOST wanting to go back to school myself. No. Not really!! ;-) I have huge student debt (went to university as a single parent, so had to borrow more) and will never, ever pay it off. I hate it!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha such a cool post. I'm a student so I can actually pull some of these off, perhaps.
    I just fuond your blog via... actually I can't remember via what blog! Someone's. But I'm here now and I'm going to follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pinteresting is definitely a verb in this house!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good taste! Love your pics. especially the room with the tutu lamp... love it so much! I would also choose that for a student. Thanks for those wonderful and interesting images.

    student accommodation bendigo victoria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its all nostalgic.Love the vintage school desks and chairs. Pawnbrokers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I love reading every single one :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails