Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Our cozy Skandinavian Ski Lodge Christmas Mantel



I've been craving a lot of coziness this year :)


Lots of wood and wool and a big cast iron reindeer :)

And Dustin is Danish,so I figured I could maybe pull off a bit of Scandinavian Christmas decor around here...





Nothing too serious.....Christmas decor that the kids can enjoy...




I strung up a twine garland with a random mix of homespun ornaments.

Some little knitted mini sweaters that I found at Home Sense, reindeer cutouts from IKEA, little yarn ball from Michael's, and some homemade wooden ornaments that I bought at our local craft market for $0.50 each! (I can't understand why on earth the guy that made them would be selling them so cheaply...I couldn't help but buy a whole bunch of them)
And a somewhat creepy looking vintage Santa that Toby simply could not leave behind at the thrift shop.


And pinecones....lots of pinecones.


And I decided to leave the yarn ball wreath above the mantel.





 


There is nothing quite like a crackling wood fire.

We have one lit almost every evening and I just can't get enough :)

 

Especially on a day like this.

I love looking out our window at a winter wonderland :)






 

That's all for now......more to come soon :)

Hope you're all having fun decorating your homes! I can't wait to see them all!

I'm linking up to The Lettered Cottage's holiday party.




26 comments:

  1. it looks beautiful! i love those moose from ikea- i bought the tray that matches them, and i came so darn close to buying that awesome red wreath as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great mantelscape!! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Tracey, your house looks so cosy. I like your garland and your wreath looks fabulous hanging there. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's just lovely! One of my favorites for sure : ) Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful...I made a yarn ball wreath this year...haven't posted pics, yet.

    Love your mantle...and the basket on your hearth is beautiful and big!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mantel looks beautiful! I love your Scandinavian look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it! you did a great job!!! i need to ger my decorations up already..so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh I love it! That garland is too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Christmas decorations do look cozy. Love the wonderful yarn ball wreath but I especially love the little face looking out the window. So sweet. That's what it's all about.

    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That wreath is soooo stinkin cute!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    I’m hosting an Christmas Open House on 12/9…would love to have you come by and join in on the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really appreciate the simplicity of your mantel.

    Love the creepy Santa. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that gets creeped out over various toys and figurines. I could totally picture that squat little guy getting into mischief.

    Are the pine trees on the mirror permanent? How did you create them?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your mantel! And the Santa really works.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is simply beautiful! I'm linking to your wonderful decorations on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tracey, it is gorgeous!! I love your garland and that pic of your little one looking out the window is just beautiful! ~ Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very sweet decorations. I especially like the mirror over the mantle ~ xox Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks great i love your mirror we have a TV over our fireplace sometimes i wish it was a mirror your children are beautiful Have a Happy holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really like the simplicity, I used some felt and wood cut outs as well. Enjoy finishing your decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness...such beauty and magic that you filled your home with...that yarn ball wreath makes my heart sing today...what a splended idea!!!!

    Happy December 1st...may you fill it with JOY! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is the best thing I've seen all day....seriously! I LOVE this so much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. It looks fantastic. I love the new blog header too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. ...wonderful...love the combination of the reds and whites!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your blog, I'm putting it on my blogs to follow you have fantastic photography and crafts.
    The garland is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That last photo of your precious little one looking out at the snow with the red wreath in the window...well, it melts my heart!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very fun, a personal family take on Christmas. With the maiden name of Aanestad, I was a fan at the first picture. I have heard that this Scandinavian look is really going to be an upcoming trend. Yay. :)
    Pam @ becolorful

    ReplyDelete
  25. My Danish grandparents had that same creepy Santa!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I love reading every single one :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails