Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fall Mantel and a Pumpkin Patch










Our fall mantel...

My husband calls it "Halloween Eclectic"...

I'm pretty sure he was saying that in a "trying to be nice" sort of way.

Whatever. I don't expect him to understand me ;)








But I kinda like it :)



Just a little bit spooky...

I got some branches off a tree outside and then added some tissue paper flowers to jazz them up a bit :) I threw in a few orange "faux berries" to add a little colour. The little frames were a thrift shop purchase that I painted black and stenciled the numbers onto white cardstock. The little ghostie faces were just free hand cutouts that I glued to some grey damask paper. 




There's just something a little creepy about crows, right?

Although my little Finn loves them and thinks they're hilarious.




He was completely delighted to find a little posse of them inside our living room!

The crows were from Michaels (on sale...yay!) and so were the little birdcages ($1.50 each)
The "BOO" was just cut out freehand from black card stock and then taped to the mirror, along with the little black crow that appears to be sitting on top of the "31" frame.







We went to the pumpkin patch yesterday. 

Always one of my favourite outings!

LOVE the grey and white pumpkins!

Then we lit the candles and turned down the lights.....so cozy and spooky at the same time :)







Our little Westham Island Herb Farm Pumpking Patch...

Dustin and I have a dream of owning a place like this one day :)

All organic veggies and herbs, pumpkin patch, hay rides....can't beat it!











My littlest pumpkin in the pumpkin patch...



The "big boys" doing the grunt work.






Don't you just love fall? :)

Linking up to Cottage and Vine , Stories of A 2 Z and The Nester's fall parties.





25 comments:

  1. It's cute! But how on earth do you keep you boys off of it? Keeping my little guys out of the decorations is really holding me back right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable mantel. I love the mirror's "eyes"...you always have such a cute hom...cute family. I can not wait to s what you do with Christmas!

    Cheers~
    e

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable family photos! Got to love a Fall day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I "get" your mantel and I think its adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful mantle. I love all of the little touches you did. The orange birdcage, the 31's and the BOO. So cute!

    I shared it on my TT&J FB page and linked to you :) Have a happy day!


    xox
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your mantel! Just the perfect amount of fall touches! And there is nothin' better than kids in a pumpkin patch for a great looking photo.

    Happy fall to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these family pics are just so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love your mantel decorations...i wish here in Australia we celebrated Halloween as much too.
    Loving the pictures of your boys {too cute} Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tracey:) I LOVE your mantel!! those crows are fantastic! As we don't celebrate Halloween here, I have been loving seeing all the Halloween posts around Blogland, but I think yours is my favourite by far (it's definitely those crows!!). Gorgeous pics of your boys picking pumpkins:) Hope you are well and wish you a wonderful week ~ Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your mantel, I thought you had bought the fall leaves, I love the darker colors!

    You have one beautiful family and I might add one beautiful fireplace for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Halloween Eclectic", I think he may have coined a new term that is going to really take off! Love your mantle, it's fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable mantel.....really adorable kiddos! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  13. ...What a lovely entry! So glad to see your name pop up!..You've done a great job on the mantle ...& great job creating kids...beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute to see the boys in the pumpkin patch, such a cute collage.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fun over here today...I love your pumpkin patch images of your boys...and your mantel is delightful...I think I need to add some fun to my home...thanks for the reminder! All I have are pumpkins scattered around...your ideas are amazing.

    Fall hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute, cute, cute! Thanks so much for joining the party!

    ReplyDelete
  17. super duper cute! love all the photos and that you dressed up the boys in lovely fall vests for thr photo ops!!
    your mantle, ever-changing, is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Halloween Eclectic...I like that! I think that's what my mantel is too. Yours looks fab! Love everything!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How fun and whimsical!! I love it, and I bet your boys love it too. Such cute touches.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your mantle....and love the pics in the pumpkin patch!

    xo, cassie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great Mantel, Love all the little fall touches! Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE! I just found your cute blog and am adding you to my blogroll..so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your mantel is fantastic! Love the blue on your frame complimented by the blue hubbard pumpkins! Thanks for linking up. (Pssst. Nester added you to her Tumblr file today. Quite an honor. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your mantle looks amazing. something about the black and white with a touch of color. It is really striking. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I love reading every single one :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails